From OER in Education
- Activity Outline: Moving stones/classroom activity
- Instruction Sheet Moving stones/teacher notes written for teachers but could be adapted for students if needed (computer/printer permitting)
- Note: In the end a template didn't seem to help and in fact complicated things as it is hard to know data set size. teachers will need to be shown how to create a formula using MODE, MEDIAN and AVERAGE and then can create spreadsheets to fit. This way we can also show and suggest the coin/stone/button example but allow them to add any extras that they may want. Other than that, hopefully the instrutions (written by James but based on Wales NGFL) are enough
- This is an example (rather than a template) File:Mean mode median.xls
- Alternative activities could involve assorted physicl activities, such as running acorss the room or carring out other activities such as pressups, collecting similar data for analysis.